Saturday, October 8, 2011

Chapter 10: Spots Missed


Chapter 10: Spots Missed 
.
.
.
Of course, I could try fishing out the razor I used out of the damn trash bin, but that little slimy film above the blades is stuck to a used tissue, and just... no.
And plus, I’m sensitive. Used razors and my skin don’t have a great relationship.
So out the door I go to find Edward just where I left him, with his head leaning against the back of the couch. His eyes are closed and he hasn’t noticed my return, so I take advantage and observe.
His wild hair is all over the place, like he just raked his fingers through it. His long lashes lie against his skin while his lips pucker into the cutest little pout that makes me want to hug him and suck on his lips. 
And then there’s his neck.
Not enough attention has been spent admiring his neck. Let’s take a moment, because there it is, the pièce de résistance...
His Adam’s apple.
It’s a thing of beauty, bobbing smoothly when he swallows, His skin is covered with just the slightest hint of stubble.
Yeah, I’m done.
I gently clear my throat as I sit next to him on the sofa. I don’t sit too far away, but I don’t sit close enough to seem forward. I fold my right leg under me and my knee grazes his thigh ever-so-slightly. 
See how I did that? I hid the offending unshaven leg and made a move in one shot. 
That’s as slick as I get, I’m afraid.
Edward’s head lolls towards me, his jade eyes opening. He smiles a lazy grin.
“So...” I begin and trail off.
“So, I had a really good time tonight,” he says, sighing comfortably and placing his hand on my knee. The warmth from his hand is as electrifying as it is calming. It also makes every hair on my body rise-- yes, including the ones on my leg, which reminds me that I need to be in control tonight so there are no hairy discoveries.
But when he leans towards me, his face a breath away from mine, all thoughts fly out the window.
How the hell does he do that?
“What do you mean?” he whispers.
Shit. I said that out loud.
He chuckles. “Yes you did.”
“Damn it.” 
He laugh is doing things to me down there but I fight it… kind of.
I giggle shyly and move closer. “I’m just wondering what kind of mojo you’re working with and if you even know you have it to begin with.”
“Mojo?” He chuckles again. “What, you think I’ve got game?”
“Oh, you so’ve got game... you have to know it,” I scoff.
Edward’s lopsided grin makes an appearance and, yeah, he knows it.
“See?! That right there,” I exclaim, pointing at his lips. “That is game.”
We both laugh for a moment and I’m completely relaxed. It could be the fact that it’s so easy to be around him. It could also be the wine.
He lifts his hand from my knee to my chin, both of us leaning in until our smiles touch. 
Then, things are not funny anymore.
Edward softly presses small kisses on my lower lip, then the top, making me catch my breath. This isn’t the same kiss from earlier, or from that first night. It’s... lovely.
I return it with slightly more intensity, finally pulling his bottom lip between mine and sucking gently. His deep, quiet groan vibrates all over my body and it’s like a switch.
My hands go to take his glasses off and set them on the side table. It’s a damn shame, but this will be a lot more comfortable without them. My hands them move to find their happy place at the back of his neck where they can grab fistfuls of soft hair. He groans again and pulls me closer to him, his hands drawing me to him until our bodies are as close as they can be.
When his tongue searches out mine, I whimper, which he seems to thoroughly enjoy because his breathing quickens and his hands travel up and down my back.
I’m so into it I don’t even think twice about straddling him. 
Because, seriously, that’s what you do to guys that look like him.
Or just this guy, ‘cause honestly, I’ve never seen anyone like him.
His mouth becomes more insistent, detaching from my mouth to skim my jaw and nibble down my neck to my collarbone. 
His actions cause me to gasp. I instinctively grind my hips against his raging erection-- which is really quite impressive, by the way-- pressing my boobs against his chest.
“Bella, oh.... you feel amazing...” Edward gasps against my chest. He pulls down the neckline of my top until his mouth finds the swell of my breasts, and it’s fucking heaven.
“Shit.” I breathe against his temple while my hands tangle roughly in his hair.
He’s having a hard time trying to get to my tits, which I really need him to do for the sake of my sanity, so I lean away enough to pull my top over head, leaving me in my black bra.
His eyes are locked on my chest, flitting from one to the other. He looks like a little kid at a toy store, not knowing which to play with first. 
I’m about to help him and take the bra off when he swats my hands away and deftly unhooks it. His fingers graze my shoulder as he pushes the straps off. When it falls away he wastes no time diving in.
He’s a hungry man. Maybe he’s been sans sex for as long as I have.
Jesus, maybe this is a bad idea.
Too soon maybe? Too much? Maybe it’s too... ooohhh!
“Ooohhh!” I pant when I feel his teeth lightly nibble on my nipple.
Ha! Nibble on my nipple... I kill me.
When Edward switches to the other boob I forget about it being too soon because it just feels too good to stop.
I’m humping him like a raging whore and I don’t care-- neither does he. His cock is rubbing dangerously close to my pussy and I’m so wet I should be embarrassed, but... Nah. 
His hands travel down my back and over my skirt-covered ass before he reaches under the fabric and splays his hands over my panties.
“Damn, I’ve wanted to that all night,” he grunts into my neck. 
“Mmmm,” I moan, reacting to the combination of his hot breath and stubble against my skin. I push his sweater up, signaling my intentions. I can feel every ripple of his toned torso and the happy trail that leads to a smattering of chest hair.
I’ve never been one for chest hair. But the right amount on this man.... just.... FUCK... yes.
He pulls his shirt the rest of the way off and I can finally feel skin against skin as he returns to his previous actions. His hands begin to trail up my calves but before he reaches my thighs, he slows his movements, caressing the same spot over and over again. 
In my state of discombobulation I wonder for a split second what in the world he’s doing. Then I freeze.
Oh, shit. 
Shit shit shit.
I struggle to dismount from his lap but he holds onto my waist with one hand while his other hand grabs my calf.
“Let me off,” I snap, albeit weakly. The heat of my ever-inconvenient blush races to my cheeks. 
“Why?” he whispers, still nuzzled into my neck.
“Because it’s embarrassing,” I whisper back, closing my eyes in utter humiliation.
“What is?” I can feel the tug of his smirk on my skin.
Is the fucker fucking with me?
“What the fuck do you think? I missed a spot when I shaved, ugh... I want off!” I try to push him away, but damn, he’s pretty strong, and he’s.... he’s...
He’s trembling...
No, no. He’s giggling.
I gasp at him. “I can’t believe you’re laughing at me, you jerk!”
At that, Edward’s head snaps up, and I can see his reddened face and the mischievous glint in his beautiful eyes, and I want to punch him and fuck him and kiss him at the same time.
“Aww. Don’t be like that, Bella. It’s cute. It’s like, like a leg mohawk,” he says, struggling to get the words out and trying to reign in his laughter.
I want to be mad at him. I should be furious. 
But I’m not. 
His smile is addictive, and in seconds I’ve dissolved into fits of laughter, leaning my head onto his shoulder. 
After we settle down, we sigh and stare at each other for what seems like forever.
I don’t mind. I could stare at those eyes all night and be happy.
Well, not really. I’d still like to eventually have sex with him, but I digress.
Edward breaks the silence first.
“As much as I would love to stay, and you have no idea how much,” he says, pulsing his hips towards me for effect. I can still feel him hard against me. I don’t want him to go.
“I know.” I finish his thought for him. “We talked about taking things slow and I’m here practically violating you.”
“Oh, I don’t mind you practically violating me in the least. That’s the problem. If I stay, I know what I’ll do, what I’m capable of. It’s been a while.” He shakes his head, looking down in embarrassment. 
“Yeah, same here.”
“But we still have a lot to talk about. We still haven’t discussed the night at the bar, and I don’t want you to have any misperceptions about me. Picking up girls at a bar isn’t my style...”
I pressed my finger on his kiss-swollen lips. “It’s okay. That isn’t me either. You don’t owe me explanations.”
“I want to tell you. I want to know more about you.”
His clear, green eyes are striking with the intensity of his words.
After straightening ourselves up and agreeing to talk things through, I walk him to the door. He pulls me by my waist as he kisses me gently, his other hand cupping the side of my face.
The kiss is soft again, but never lacking the same fire I always feel kissing him.
“I’ll call you tomorrow. Maybe we can take the kids out or something this weekend,” he mumbles against my lips.
“Mmm. Okay.”
He smirks again before opening the door and heading out towards his car.
I lean against the door frame and wave; he waves back and drives away.
An hour later I’m buried underneath my sheets in bed when my phone vibrates.
I’m home. I wish I were still there. 
I grin before typing my response.
Then come over.
Don’t tempt me, woman. 
Ha. But I wish you were still here too.
Good to know. I’ll call u tomorrow. Sweet dreams.
Goodnight, Edward.
And my dreams that night might not be sweet, but he’s definitely the star.

No comments:

Post a Comment